Mm-mmm. There is nothing better than a warm, refreshing shower and fresh, clean clothes both at once! So is my life right now.... and what a day in my life this one has been! I got some good reading done this morning in the office but, as Nancy came in this morning, she took me to committee and we ended up staying for over three hours. They flew by, though. Call me a nerd, but just pop me some popcorn and sit me down in a committee meeting and I'm all set for the next 3 hours. Just watching the debates is entertaining, but having Nancy help me in understanding the process, tactics, and backgrounds of the government and each party allowed me to read between the lines of the debates, which made the committee that much better!
When Nancy and I returned to the office, it was already 2:30 so I headed back over to Centre Block to meet Senator Peterson with my group. There were some good questions and I got a great folder all about the Senate and a sweet maple leaf pin! Yay!
By the time I got back to the office, everyone else was ready to leave so I just left, too but I brought some reading to do at home (didn't happen, though). This is because Wendy and Catherine picked me up shortly after I got back. So I popped my laundry in and played a few tunes on their piano while they put their finishing touches on the absolutely delicious kebob dinner we ate up. Playing the piano was sooooo wonderful, even though I had to play everything from memory. I'm not bragging or anything but, for some reason, when I haven't played a piece in a while, I can manage to play that piece exceptionally well once I finally do play it. That just made playing after not playing for so long even better. :) The best part of the night by far, though, was feeling loved with the family atmosphere the entire evening. Don't get me wrong, I find my group's Friday dinners together one of the highlights of this internship, but there is just something comforting about a good ole family dinner (even if the family's not your own!) that you cannot find in a Friday night out with friends. So I have ended the day with a warm fuzzy feeling and tomorrow is already Friday, which should equal another lovely day! I have just one more assignment to do for this class, and I've already decided my topic so I just have to type it up now (by the way, I have now posted my two interviews for you guys to read if you so desire), and...shhhh... I feel really good about my MP's gift, I think I made the right choice. I can't tell you what it is now, it's a surprise, but you'll find out soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment