Alright, before I forget, let me say that I played piano badly (both my playing and the piano itself) in the Main Hall of the Centre Block of Parliament the other day--how sweet is that??? :D Also, I'm thinking of interviewing someone from the mail room as my staffer interview--what do you guys think?ANYWAYS... This morning flew by; I got in at 9 and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. I tried cream of carrot soup as I forgot my lunch in the fridge this morning and there was a muffin sale so I got the two muffin deal--ooh I love good deals! I did more research the whole day and I got my very own Parliament library account so I can get documents sent to the office (but, really, I want an excuse to go visit the gorgeous library in the Centre Block, and it's going to be difficult now that I have an ID). I was on my way up to the room when I ran into Jordan and Amanda, who were going to get a coffee so I joined them and got a Tim Horton's version of the Mint Choco Javalanche :]. Happy taste buds. We spent about half an hour sipping our drinks and talking in the park, then after dinner I got Amanda, Tony, Meredith, and Sylvia to come with me to go geocaching, as I found two right on the canal next to our residence. We looked but had no luck finding either one, and the coming of dusk didn't help. Better luck next time I guess.
So I'll be going into work 9 this morning only to leave by 11:30 at the latest tomorrow so I won't miss the train to... Quebec City! I can't wait! Wednesday is the National Assembly and Thursday leaves us all free in Montreal! If we like Montreal enough, there is talk of taking a little road trip back there this weekend. Otherwise, it's the War Museum and the National Gallery for me. So much to do, so little time!
No comments:
Post a Comment