Friday, May 21, 2010

The Start of a 3 Day Weekend!

Hey guys, sorry about the 3-day hiatus, but I am back from Quebec and back to my daily blogging. Details of the trip will accompany the pictures on my picture page. Today was very enjoyable considering that, although I could barely get up this morning as my legs are so sore from all of the walking these past few days, I got three blisters on one heel from the new shoes I wore this morning, and I failed miserably at deciphering the names and addresses of those constituents who ought to go back to school to take a penmanship course, the office-gets-out-of-work-at-4:00-Friday sky was a beautiful warm blue all day long so Annie and I took advantage of it at lunchtime by eating a schawarma outside on a park bench. On top of that, she gave me a ride home to save me from my aching foot, and I went to go unlock my door only to find a note written on my whiteboard from the professor saying that she had made dinner reservations for us, which meant another delicious free meal! It was a tough decision trying to decide between getting a wrap, which meant I could afford a dessert as well, or just going all out and getting Roasted Jerk Chicken. I ended up just getting the chicken and although it was a bit spicy for me, it was absolutely delicious and I made the right choice, especially because I got to try a bite of Emma and Courtney's dessert AND Robert's dessert. Yes, I made a wise choice indeed...

After dinner, the group split up so I followed Robert, Emma, Courtney, and Jordan to a new supermarket that Robert discovered and the food is so much cheaper! I'm very pleased and I am definitely coming back when I (if ever) need to stock up on food again. We are now going to watch Star Wars, I believe, and my legs and my feet thank me very, very much.

Tomorrow: War Museum
Sunday: National Assembly
Monday: Victoria Day! (aka picnic + fireworks + Parliament light show = a whole lotta fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment