If taking a walk down by the water made me long to draw and paint, imaging how I felt attending the National Gallery the next day. At about 11 on Sunday, a bunch of us walked over the Gallery and I just ached to draw something, anything, after seeing all of the artwork there. Fortunately, most of the art I looked at was contemporary in the form of mainly sculptures, or creepy drawings, or modernist blotches of paint. I fell in love with some of the sculptures, but we weren't allowed to take pictures so you'll just have to go there yourself (and I highly suggest you do, as you can sit on the floor and become completely mesmirized watching two fans blow hoops of movie film back and forth). After about 3 hours, Amanda and I met up and walked through the Tulip Festival for a little while before heading to the Rudeau Centre to grab an icecream cone. We ran into Priya and Schazia just outside and walked back home together, with Priya and I leaving again shortly after to sit down by the canal and people watch/read our books. Then I came back to eat dinner before heading to the common room to play Euchre and rock out to music with some buddies. Then, as you know, was the Dr. Horrible musical, and then bedtime.
After not sleeping in this morning (thanks alot, sun), I did a bit more reading and uploaded some more pictures on my pictures page and now I have to make my sandwich for our picnic lunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment