Friday, May 14, 2010

First Week Finished!

I have a few minutes to kill before Dr. Olive's taking us out for dinner, so I though I'd take the time to blog about today's day. There was more secretary work this morning but the slowness of it all was broken up by going to see a visiting highschool orchestra that came to perform in the centre hall of the Centre Block. Unfortunately, by the time Annie, Kevin, and I got there, the orchestra was finished and gone but we ran into my fellow interns Tony and Meredith so the five of us walked down to take a look into the Senate Chambers but someone was getting a special tour of it so we couldn't go in. However, we got a unique tour of the Senate side of the Centre Block, thanks to a security guard with a fantastic memory, a lot of years under his belt, and a well-equipped set of keys that got us access into rooms that not everyone gets to see when they visit Parliament!

Afterwards, Annie, Kevin, and I returned to the office which is when I've finally started researching and compiling some information for Jeff. I'm actually really looking forward to diving right into it Monday morning! Still, I can put off research for another day or two while we're visiting Montreal/Quebec (super stoked!). Now I've had a whole week to take everything in and it is just fascinating. There has been a good balance for me, as this week has been half working in the office and half listening in on committees, attending special events, and taking tours of the various Parliament buildings.

So I hope this weekend is warm and sunny because a few of my friends and I have decided we would like to explore this beautiful city through just some of the many geocaches located in the area. And then of course, there's sleeping in, which I can't wait for! Tomorrow's the Museum of Civilization, and Sunday's the Tulip Festival, followed by a special Barbeque evening with some old family friends, Gord and Wendy. But right now is dinner time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Aubrey! this looks like so much fun, I'm glad that you had a great first week :) :) :) I miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete